1. This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in Development Business issue No. 710 of 16 September 2007
2. The Government of the United Republic of has received a credit from the World Bank towards the cost implementation of the Tanzania Energy Development and Access Expansion Project (TEDAP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit for payments under the contract for Provision of Consultancy Services to Carry out further Assessment of Wind Resources in Tanzania and Prepare Pre-feasibility Studies for Electricity Generation at selected sites in Tanzania.
3. The services include:
a) Updating existing wind data sets, gathering further data, and on the basis of new and existing data prepare a wind resource assessment for selected parts of Tanzania,
b) Develop pre-feasibility studies for selected localities,
c) Produce a plan for development of wind power in Tanzania.
4. The Rural Energy Agency now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The short listing criteria are: submission of firms’ profile, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. Consultants may associate to enhance their qualifications.
5. The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Procedures as set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines – Selections and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 1, 2006 and December 2010.
6. Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality- and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
7. Interested consultants may further information at the address below during office hours from 8.00 to 15.00 hours local time, Mondays to Fridays inclusive, except on Public Holidays.
8. The deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest will be 26th January, 2012, at 1200 hours local time. Expressions of Interests should be clearly addressed and delivered to the Secretary, Rural Energy Agency Tender Board, Mawasiliano Towers, Procurement Management Unit Office Room No. 214, 2nd Floor, Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo, and Dar es Salaam and marked “REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO CARRY OUT FURTHER ASSESSMENT OF WIND RESOURCES IN TANZANIA AND PREPARE PRE-FEASIBILITY STUDIES FOR ELECTRICITY GENERATION AT SELECTED SITES IN TANZANIA”. The Expressions of Interest will be opened in public and in the presence of consultants’ representatives who choose to attend at the Mawasiliano Towers, Conference Room, No. 1201, 12th Floor, immediately after the submission deadline.
9. Electronic, faxed and late submissions of Expressions of Interest will be rejected and shall not be considered for further evaluation.
Director GeneralRural Energy Agency - REAMawasiliano Towers, 2nd FloorSam Nujoma RoadP. O. Box 7990Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-Mail: email@example.comTel: +255 22 2412001, +255 22 2412002, +255 22 2412003Fax: +255 22 2412007
EOI - CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN OF REA OFFICE BUILDING