1. This request for expressions of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in Development Business issue No. 710 of 16 September 2007
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has received a credit from the World Bank towards implementation of the Tanzania Energy Development and Access expansion Project (TEDAP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit for payments under the contract for Provision of Consultancy Services to Carry out Pre-Feasibility Studies for Small Hydropower Projects.
3. The Rural Energy Agency which coordinates the off grid component of TEDAP now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing services to Carry out Pre-Feasibility Studies for Small Hydropower Projects .
4. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by submitting updated Curriculum Vitae (CV’s), description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and relevant skills.
5. You are requested to submit your written expression of interest, one original detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and proposed cost for the assignment in writing by 26th January, 2012 at 1200 hours local time. The Detailed CV and proposed cost shall be enclosed in an envelope and marked “Detailed CV” and submitted to the following address: Secretary, Rural Energy Agency Tender Board, Mawasiliano Towers, Procurement Management Unit Room No. 214, 2nd Floor, Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
6. The opening of CVs shall take place immediately after the deadline for submission, at the Rural Energy Agency, Mawasiliano Towers, Procurement Management Unit Office Room No. 214, 2nd Floor, Plot No. 2005/5/1, Block-C, Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Applying individual consultants are invited to attend the opening ceremony.
7. The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Procedures as set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines – Selections and Employment of Consultants by the World Bank Borrowers, May 2004, revised October 1, 2006 and December 2010.
8. Consultants shall be evaluated on the basis of CVs in relation to the Terms of Reference. If successful (depending on availability) the consultant will be engaged to carry out the assignments.
9. Prospective individual consultants are requested to collect the Terms of Reference from the Secretary, REA Tender Board at the address indicated in Para 5 on Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 15.00 hours local time except public holidays. The same is available on the REA web site: www.rea.go.tz. Any request for clarification with regard to this assignment shall be addressed to the undersigned. The Client shall respond to clarifications received not less than seven days before the deadline for submission.
10. Late Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Director GeneralRural Energy Agency - REAMawasiliano Towers, 2nd FloorSam Nujoma RoadP. O. Box 7990Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +255 22 2412001, +255 22 2412002, +255 22 2412003Fax: +255 22 2412007
Waziri wa Nishati Aweka Ukomo wa Kuagiza Vifaa Vya Ujenzi wa Miradi ya Nishati
Wakandarasi wa REA Wahimizwa Kuunganishia Wateja Umeme kwa Kutumia UMETA
Updated Consultants Database for Tanzania Mini-Grid Renewable Energy Project