1. This invitation for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) which appeared in Daily News dated 26th February, 2014.
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Rural Energy Agency during the financial year 2013/14. It is intended that part of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for the Consultancy Services to Carry out Impact Assessment of Training and Capacity Building Initiatives.
3. The Rural Energy Agency now invites eligible “firms” to indicate their interest in providing the services which include provision of Consultancy Services to establish the impact of training and capacity building initiatives in promoting awareness and facilitating investment in modern energy services through utilization of available renewable energy technologies for the period from 2008 to 2013.
4. Interested “firms” must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services by submitting consultant’s profile, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc. Consultants “may” associate to enhance their qualifications.
5. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act No. 7 of 2011 and the Public Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No. 446 (hereinafter called Procurement Regulations).
6. Selection will be conducted through the “Quality and Cost based” selection procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations.
7. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the office of the Secretary, REA Tender Board, Mawasiliano Towers, Sam Nujoma Road, 2nd Floor Room No.214, Dar es Salaam during working days (Monday to Friday) between 0730 hours to 1530 hours local time except on public holidays.
8. One original and three copies of written Expression of Interest (EoI) must be delivered in a sealed plain envelope, addressed to the Secretary, REA Tender Board, Mawasiliano Towers, Sam Nujoma Road, P. O. Box 7990, Dar es Salaam and must be delivered by hand or registered post on or before 1200 hours local time on 22nd April, 2014.
9. Late Expressions of Interest shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Director GeneralRural Energy Agency (REA)Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd FloorSam Nujoma RoadP. O. Box 7990Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +255 22 2412001, +255 22 2412002, +255 22 2412003Fax: +255 22 2412007
EOI - CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN OF REA OFFICE BUILDING