1. This Invitation for Prequalification follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) which appeared in Daily Newspaper of 31st August, 2015, REA website (www.rea.go.tz) and PPRA Journal ISSN: 1821-6021 Vol. VIII-No.33 of 18th August, 2015.
2. The Government of Tanzania has allocated funds to the Rural Energy Fund, co-financed by the Government of Norway, towards the cost of Rural Electrification Densification in six regions under the Rural Electrification Densification Programme – Phase I (Mbeya, Iringa, Tanga, Pwani, Arusha and Mara regions), and it intends to apply part of the funds for payments under the contracts AE/008/2015-16/HQ/G/39 – Lots 1 - 6 for:
Lot 1: Supply and Installation of LV Distribution Networks and Consumer Connections in Mbeya Region,
Lot 2: Supply and Installation of LV Distribution Networks and Consumer Connections in Iringa Region,
Lot 3: Supply and Installation of LV Distribution Networks and Consumer Connections in Tanga Region,
Lot 4: Supply and Installation of LV Distribution Networks and Consumer Connections in Pwani Region,
Lot 5: Supply and Installation of LV Distribution Networks and Consumer Connections in Arusha Region,
Lot 6: Supply and Installation of LV Distribution Networks and Consumer Connections in Mara Region.
The Rural Energy Agency intends to pre-qualify Applicants for the contracts. Applicants can apply to be pre-qualified for all lots, but an applicant can be contracted for a maximum of two lots. It is expected that invitations to bid will be made in April 2016.
3. Pre-qualification will be conducted through the procedures specified in Regulation 119 of the Public Procurement Regulations– Government Notice 446 of 2013, and is open to all firms and voluntarily formed joint ventures.
4. Interested applicants may obtain further information and inspect the pre-qualification documents at the address below in para 6 from 09:00 – 15:00 hours local time (Monday to Friday) exclusive of public holidays.
5. A complete set of pre-qualification documents in English may be purchased by interested applicants and voluntarily formed joint ventures on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of fifty (50) US$ or one hundred thousand (100,000) TZS. The method of payment shall be Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, deposit in the Rural Energy Agency CRDB Bank Account No 01J1029697400 (for TZS) and No 02J1029697400 (for USD) respectively. Applicants are responsible to collect bid documents either in personal or through Courier upon presentation of proof of payment.
6. All applications, one original plus 3 copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address: Secretary to the Tender Board, Procurement Management Unit, Rural Energy Agency, Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd Floor, Room No. 214 20 Sam Nujoma Road, 14414 Dar es Salaam, by Thursday, 3rd March, 2016 at 12:00 hours, and be clearly marked “Application to Pre-qualify for Rural Electrification under the Rural Electrification Densification Programme – Phase I”.
7. Late applications, portion of applications, electronic applications, and applications not received, applications not opened and not read out in public at the tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Rural Energy Agency, Mawasiliano Towers,
20 Sam Nujoma Road, 14414 Dar es Salaam.
Tel: +255 22 2412001/3, Fax +255 22 2412007
UZINDUZI WA UZINDUZI WA MRADI KABAMBE WA UMEME VIJIJINI AWAMU YA TATU KIGOMA
Waziri wa Nishati, Mh. Dk. Medard M. Kalemani (Mb) amezindua utekelezaji wa Mradi Kabambe wa Kusambaza Umeme Vijijini Awamu ya Tatu katika Mkoa wa Kigoma na kukagua utekelezaji wa miradi ya umeme vijijini katika Mikoa ya Katavi na Rukwa.