The Rural Energy Agency (REA) is a Government Institution established under the Rural Energy Act, 2005. Its main role is to promote and facilitate improved access to modern energy services in rural areas of Mainland Tanzania.
The Agency is inviting applications from dynamic, energetic and proactive Tanzanians with appropriate technical skills, competences and experience to fill the following vacant positions:
1. TRAINING & CAPACITY BUILDING OFFICER (1) POST
DIVISION : MARKET DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGIES
REPORTS TO : TRAINING & CAPACITY BUILDING MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(i) Assists in conducting needs assessment/surveys for determining the training and capacity building needs of the various stakeholders, project champions to enhance their capacity in project implementation and management of REA projects;
(ii) Assists in providing inputs in the preparation of comprehensive appropriate training packages to meet the needs of the various stakeholders and project sponsors and champions;
(iii) Assists in organizing and conducting training and workshops in project preparation, management and administration to upgrade the skills and management capabilities of project champions and stakeholders to ensure project sustainability.
(iv) Assists in the outsourcing and contracting training and capacity building activities to specialized and competent organizations;
(v) Assists in ensuring that training and capacity building activities are carried out in accordance with the policies;
(vi) Assists in evaluating training programs and capacity building activities and take necessary measures to rectify any weaknesses and short comings;
(vii) Assists in providing inputs in the preparation of short, medium and long term training and capacity building plans and supervise all training and capacity building program covered by the training plan;
(viii) Assists project champions and stakeholders to develop the necessary institutional capacity required to take over the management of training activities;
(ix) Performs any other duties as may be assigned by his/her superiors.
Qualification and Experience Required
• Master Degree in either Electrical, Electromechanical Engineering, Renewable Energy or Engineering Management;
• Knowledge and Experience in the Energy Sector will be an added advantage;
• Must be computer literate;
•A minimum of three (3) years of successful and proven experience in a similar position in a reputable organization.
2. INTERNAL AUDITOR (1) POST
DIVISION : DIRECTOR GENERAL
REPORTS TO : CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(i) Assists in planning, coordinating, directing and administering of the internal audit programs of the Rural Energy Agency;
(ii) Assists in performing financial management auditing to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines whether the Fund’s resources are utilized in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Rural Energy Fund;
(iii) Assists in advising Management on improvements needed in the area of organizational structures, policy guidelines, administrative procedures, performance measures and systems of operation in light of management problems discovered through audit investigations;
(iv) Assists in liaising with external auditors and facilitate the smooth conduct of audits;
(v) Assists preparation of annual budget and work programs of the Audit Section and submit periodic performance report;
(vi) Assists in preparation and performance of risk based Audit of the Agency as per the Rural Energy Agency Risk Management framework;
(vii) Performs any other duties as may be assigned by his/her superiors.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Masters Degree in Financial Management, Economics, Planning or Accounting and a holder of CPA (T) or its equivalent;
• A Minimum of three (3) years of successful and proven experience in a relevant position in a reputable organization.
• All positions attract competitive remuneration packages;
• Employment terms are permanent and pensionable;
• Age limit for all posts is forty five (45) years;
• Applicants should submit CVs, copies of certificates they wish to use in supporting their applications, three referees and two passport size photographs to the address shown below. Deadline for receiving applications is 24th February 2015. Applicants must clearly show their complete contact addresses including mobile telephone numbers and e-mail addresses;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
• Application letters should be sent by post, courier or delivered by hand to the addressee below;
• Kindly note that electronic submissions will not be honoured.
Rural Energy Agency (REA)
Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd Floor
Sam Nujoma Road
P. O. Box 7990
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 2412001, +255 22 2412002, +255 22 2412003
Fax: +255 22 2412007
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE (GPN) FOR 2018/19 FINANCIAL YEAR