1. This invitation for prequalification follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) which appeared in Daily Newspaper of 31st August, 2015, REA website (www.rea.go.tz) and PPRA Journal ISSN: 1821-6021 Vol. VIII-No.33 of 18th August, 2015;
2. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has set aside funds for the operation of the Rural Energy Agency during the Financial Year 2015/16. It is intended that some of the funds will be used to cover eligible payments under the contract for Supply and Installation of ICT Equipment for Improvement of Main Data Centre;
3. The Rural Energy Agency now invites sealed Tenders from eligible Suppliers for Supply and Installation of ICT Equipment for Improvement of Main Data Centre. The Tender is divided into three lots, bidders may bid for either of the lots:
Lot 1: Basic equipment for Phase one Implementation of Off-Site Systems Backup
Lot 2: Equipment for Consolidation of Off-Site Systems Backup Centre Including Main Data Centre
Lot 3: Software and Licenses
4. Tendering will be conducted through the National Competitive Procedures specified in the Public Procurement Regulations and is open to all Tenderers as defined in the Regulations.
5. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Procurement Management Unit 2nd floor Room No 214, Rural Energy Agency (REA), Mawasiliano Towers, 20 Sam Nujoma Road, 14414, Dar es Salaam, P.O. Box 7990, Dar es Salaam Tel 0 22 2412001-3, Fax +0 22 2412007 and Email email@example.com from 08:00 to 15:00 hours local time, on Monday to Friday inclusive except on public holidays.
6. Bidders are encouraged to attend the pre-bid meeting which will be held on Thursday 16th, February, 2016 at 12:00 hrs at the Rural Energy Agency, Mawasiliano Towers, 20 Sam Nujoma Road, 14414 Dar es Salaam, and 12th Floor, in Conference Room. The minutes of the pre-bid meeting will be shared with all bidders who will have purchased the Bidding Documents. The attendance at the pre-bid meeting shall be at Bidders’ expense.
7. A complete set of Tendering Documents in English language and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers on submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of fifty (50) US$ or Tanzanian Shillings One Hundred Thousand (Tshs. 100,000). The method of payment shall be bank transfer to the Rural Energy Agency CRDB Bank Account No 01J1029697400 (for TSHS) and No 02J1029697400 (for US$), respectively.
All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security in an acceptable form and should be valid for 148 days beyond the deadline for submission of bids. The bid security required per lot is as provided below:
Lot 1: Bid Security of TZS 7,900,800.00
Lot 2: Bid Security of TZS 4,600,300.00
Lot 3: Bid Security of TZS 6,900,000.00
8. All Tenders in one original plus three (3) copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address given under paragraph 5 above at or before 1200 hrs on Thursday 3rd , March, 2016 at 12:00. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at Mawasiliano Towers, 20 Sam Nujoma Road, 14414, Dar es Salaam, 12th Floor, Conference Room No. 1201. The bid security shall remain valid for a period of 28 days beyond validity period of the bid that is 148 days after the submission date.
9. Late Tenders, portions of Tenders, electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened, and not read out in public at the Tender opening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
Rural Energy Agency (REA)
Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd Floor
Sam Nujoma Road
P. O. Box 7990
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 2412001, +255 22 2412002, +255 22 2412003
Fax: +255 22 2412007
MWENYEKITI WA BODI YA NISHATI VIJIJINI ATOA WITO KUHUSU ULINZI WA MIUNDOMBINU YA UMEME VIJIJINI
REA YAIBUKA NA USHINDI MAONESHO YA NANENANE MWAKA 2020 MKOANI SIMIYU