INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION - SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF SUBSTATION IN IFAKARA AND EXTENSION OF DISTRIBUTION LINES IN KILOMBERO & ULANGA DISTRICTS
1. This invitation for prequalification follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the website (www.rea.go.tz) and PPRA Jounal ISSN: 1821-6021 Vol. VIII-No.38 of 19th September, 2017.
2. The Rural Energy Agency has received funds from the European Union (EU) towards the cost of the Supply and Installation of 220/33KV, 1X20 MVA Substation in Ifakara and 70 km extension of distribution power lines in Kilombero and Ulanga districts and it intends to apply part of the funds to payments under the contracts Nos. AE/008/2017-18/HQ/G/01 Lot 1 and 2.
Lot 1: Supply and Installation of 220/33 KV, 1x20 MVA Substations at Ifakara Town
Lot 2: Supply and Installation of 70 km extension of distribution power lines in Kilombero and Ulanga districts.
3. The Rural Energy Agency intends to pre-qualify Applicants for the contracts. Applicants can apply to be pre-qualified for all lots, but an applicant can be contracted for only one lot. It is expected that invitations to bid will be made in June 2018.
4. Pre-qualification will be conducted through the procedures specified in Regulation 119 of the Public Procurement Regulations– Government Notice 446 of 2013, and is open to all firms and voluntarily formed joint ventures.
5. Interested applicants may obtain further information from and inspect the pre-qualification documents at the address below in para 5 from 09:00 – 15:00 hours local time (Monday to Friday) exclusive of public holidays.
6. A complete set of pre-qualification documents in English may be purchased by interested applicants and voluntarily formed joint ventures on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of one hundred thousand (100,000) Tshs. The method of payment shall be Banker’s Draft, or Banker’s Cheque, deposit in the Rural Energy Agency CRDB Bank Account No 01J1029697400 (for Tshs). Applicants are responsible to collect prequalification documents either in personal or through Courier upon presentation of proof of payment.
7. Applications for pre-qualification should be submitted in sealed envelopes, delivered to the address: Secretary to the Tender Board, Procurement Management Unit, Rural Energy Agency, Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd Floor, Room No. 214 20 Sam Nujoma Road, 14414 Dar es Salaam, by 5th April, 2018 at 12:00, and be clearly marked Application to Pre-qualify for “Establishment of 220/33KV Substation in Ifakara and 70 km extension of distribution power lines in Kilombero and Ulanga Districts”.
Rural Energy Agency (REA)
Mawasiliano Towers, 2nd Floor
Sam Nujoma Road
P. O. Box 7990
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: +255 22 2412001, +255 22 2412002, +255 22 2412003
Fax: +255 22 2412007